Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Midterm assignment

Blogger, the bringer of madness, destroyer of hope, and harbinger of boredom; but really, it's not all that bad. Blogger really does help us journalism students to work on our writing skills and ability to analyse material presented to us, traits which are invaluable when it comes to being a writer for a newspaper...especially one so prestigious as The Lion's Roar.
Of course, picking my least favourite assignment is the easiest. Although this assignment might not necessarily be considered a "blog" assignment, I put it on my blog, nonetheless. This assignment would of course be the dreaded Barnes and Noble project!! This assignment was most definately the hardest and most difficult to coordinate for twofold reasons...I can't drive AND live in Clinton, an hour from anywhere. Understandably, this assignment caused me much grief.
Now for the favourites, or perhaps they would be better called "the unhated". My least favourite of these three would be the eHow article assignments. I kind of enjoyed doing these because I found the articles to be amusing. "How to Change Your Cigar Aficionado Magazine Subscription Mailing Address", "How to become a fairy", "How to make up funny words", and "How to watch multiple TV channels simultaneously" were some of my favourite crazy articles.
My second favourite would be the Barack Obama biography. I found it interesting to research the life of our current president, and find out things about his past, even if I don't agree with his position on many topics. I also find writing things like biographies to be very easy, so that was nice, too.
My favourite blogger would be the past, present, and future of America in pictures. I thought it was cool to see all of the different pictures showing America's character, and to use to show how the nation has progressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment